Monday, March 10, 2008

Here I come! Ready or not!!!

Spring!!!!!!!!  and I am not ready.  I am like a big old hibernating bear not ready to wake up yet!!  I look out the window and see dirty snow and a MOUNTAIN of pine needles that are waiting to be raked up and the window I am looking out of is dirty too.  If that is not enough I am hungry 24 hours a day and am craving something but don't know what.
I loved Jan. and Feb. and the snowy gray days and the books and the movies and watching The Planet Earth series and I am just not ready for it to end.  Okay that is enough complaining altho I do have other issues if you are interested (smile)  I had a bad night sat. and took 2 ambien and woke up sunday am not even remembering going to bed and lo and behold the little chest we bought for my computer and printer had the first coat of yellow paint on it.  So did my pj's and my hair!  I hope you girls are getting prepared for what is ahead.  Amy it was so good to have some one on one time with you.  Just too bad you had to feel so rotten and then I was rotten. (you know what i mean)  I wish we could all afford a real girl time out get away!  I am feeling really emotional about my kids for some reason.  Maybe that is part of the old bear waking up; she worries about her cubs.  I am still so new at this computer thing but I will take a picture of my chest when finished.  I think it will be cute.  It sure looked hideous Sun. am with only one coat and drips and runs everywhere.  I have the second coat on now and it looks like it will take a third.  It is such a cheap thing and soaks up the paint like a sponge.  It was turquios and Bud did his best to sand it but it still shows thru.  Tara and Lane will be here this weekend and then Tom and Kim and family are coming for Easter and the following week I am thinking about running away to Victor for a few days.  Aunt Kathy is determined to get me on skis (sp)  Then Bud and I leave for St George for his Athletic Directors Conference.  So here we go off and running and it will be fall before things quiet down again I am sure.  For now I am going back to my den and finish my book.  I am almost finished with the  "These Is My Words" trilogy and I have absolutely loved all three books.  

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was great spending time with you as well! I am excited to see the finished product. (the chest)I am so ready for spring! It is my favorite time of year. I love getting the yard ready and being outside and being able to open the windows to smell the fresh air..and most of all SPRING CLEANING!!!!!!(not really excited about that) It would be more fun to do it all together:)

Tara said...

mom, should we be worried that you are going to post a picture of your CHEST??? careful now.
That Ambien makes you do wierd things in the night...you should stay away from it before you do something illegal!
I had so much fun staying with you last week. Nothing is more comforting to me than being at mom's house where everything smells good and the beds are like those in a fairytale book. I must be getting old, because I even loved the raisin-filled cookies you had...and I KNOW that is a grandma dessert! I love you so much mom. THank you for being you.