Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Sizzle


Well so much for the nice cool spring!  The Summer Sizzle has begun.  It began for me  while in Phoenix and I got a nasty sunburn and a cold sore from @@@@@@@!!  My high blood pressure med. makes me extra sensitive to the sun I just happened to find out by accident.  We have worked so hard this week in spite of the heat putting a beautiful black rod iron fence between us and the Blacks next door.  It looks so pretty and boy what a job.  Linda and I were kept busy just keeping them fed and watered.  They did hire 2 boys from the ward and if they hadn't we would have had two dead husbands.  Bud leaves for Alaska saturday and altho I am sure he will have an awesome time I do worry about him.  I will leave for Amy's 7/2 and be home the 9th.  After that we will be home for the summer and fall.  We are trying to expand our budget to include some help with this yard so we can actually have the energy to enjoy it.  As is now we work so hard that we are out of gas and ready for bed by 8:00pm.  So I ask who are we doing this for!  But it is beautiful and we will figure out something.  I am so grateful for the health we do enjoy.  If getting tired is the worst of our problems then we are truly blessed.  I have been so good at working out at least 4x's a week and am loving the pilates.  I can feel the results whether or not I see them.
I am still considering the no sugar thing with Shawn but haven't committed yet.  The only thing I would really miss is the Pumpkin Pie at TG.  Maybe we could convince him to bend the rules for that day!  I am loving reading all the blogs and I do have pictures but have forgotten how to get them on here so Kristen HELP!!!!  You are all awesome and bring so much joy to my life!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

I can't wait for you to come out to see us. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I love you and miss you!
Love,
Taylor

Amy said...

Can't wait to see you! We will have fun just relaxing. After the BIG 4th of July bash of course.

Mariah said...

Glad those pilates are still workin' for ya!! haha. I have to say, I hardly ever do them anymore without you here to remind me. But I've been gone so thats an excuse, right? love you!