Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SELF CONTROL WHERE ARE YOU????

I am sitting here reading everyone's blogs and crying my eyes out.  I have sweet music playing on my I pod (I am so proud of myself for finally getting one and figuring out how to work it) and a cold glass of orange juice that I am sipping on trying to make taste like a COKE.  It doesn't work.  I sure hope I can pass this test. There are just certain foods that need COKE!!!  Okay enough of that.  If i can exercise a minimum of 4 times a week since New Years, I can do anything because some days it has nearly killed me.  I am starting to see results and that has become my motivation.  Now Shawn wants me to join the no sugar until New Years club.  No COKE, No SUGAR and now after the results of yesterdays colonoscopy no RASPBERRIES, NO CORN, NO NUTS, NO POPCORN, NOTHING WITH SEEDS!!!!  Then Tara tells me to stay off any carbohydrates that are white.  PASTA, POTATOES,BREAD, PANCAKES,WAFFLES!  You get the picture!!!!  Will Power is not my strong point.  What do I eat and what do I look forward to eating???  Any suggestions will be appreciated.!!!  Change of subject!  Taking Alex and Trent to Rexburg was an awesome experience.  How many Nana's get to do that.  I had to bite my tongue a few times and laughed a lot.  Watching them shop for their kitchens beds and baths was funny but the groceries were the best!!  They are great guys and will have the time of their lives.  Then it was on to Tara's  to stop her tears and just chill.  We do that well when I am there.  Again lots of laughing and some good talks and just feeling overwhelmed with love and gratitude for the children and grandchildren I have been blessed with.  Each one is so unique and special in their own way and so in tune with right and wrong.  I need to sign off now before I start blubbering out of control..  Remember the theme of this blog is SELF CONTROL!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Tara said...

mom, thank you so much for coming! I really needed some mother/daughter time. It was so much fun and so relaxing. Please cut yourself some slack with the whole eating thing. Just make the changes that you know you can make and the others...well, just try to have them in moderation. I am considering the NO SUGAR thing with Shawn as well, but can't get myself to commit. Sounds like you have to for sure cut out the seeds, for your own health.
You look so great mom and you are very disciplined about working out everyday. You raised 5 awesome kids and so if you need a coke once in awhile....just do it. I will love you anyway!!
You are the best!

Whit said...

nana, thanks so much for the nice comment you left on my blog. You are such an amazing Grandma, and I'm way glad you're mine. You are always so much fun and a comforting reminder that I am loved. I totally agree that my family and I need to come see you A LOT more...maybe when Mariah comes out the first week of July, we can come stay with you for a day or 2. That would be super fun...well, I love a ton!!!!!!

Whit said...

What did you mean by "you're not whitney are you?"??? I am whitney, haha, or were you being sarcastic...haha its kinda hard to tell when its letters and not an actual voice. You do have my name right on your blog. :) :)

Whit said...

hahahahaha...I am such a ditz, I didn't realize you put it as whiNey, I thought you meant you thought that I was someone else...haha, I am laughing out loud over here at my dorky self. Thanks, I'm glad you're gonna change it, I don't think I'm whiney, but thats just my opinion.

Kristen said...

mom i rarely check your blog anymore since you never post. it's fun to see a new post up. i have no self control when it comes to eating. i eat myself sick most of the time. and then i get upset because i have cottage cheese on the back of my legs...DUH...i am an idiot. i agree with tara. just exercise and eat in moderation and you will have a happy life. i will call you!

Amy said...

what the heck are you supposed to eat? You know my take on all that. I can't wait to see you. I need some mom/daughter time so......bad. I think you are beautiful just the way you are. Love ya!

Mariah said...

Nana,
I'm so glad you were able to come and spend time with us. It was so much fun. I will miss our trips to Walgreens :) Thanks for being an awesome nana.
I love you,
Mariah